GF 108 Tedlar® DuPont™ is a satin clear 1.0 mil transparent PVF Film coated with a solvent permanent pressure sensitive adhesive on a 53# liner. Recommended for use in smooth substrate laminating applications requiring extended resistance to UV exposure, color stability or abrasion resistance. GF 108 made with Tedlar® DuPont™ is graffiti resistant. See cleaning recommendations listed below:
GF 108 made with DuPont™ Tedlar® film is easy to clean. Tedlar® film can be cleaned with a simple mixture of soap and water. Light washing should be all that is needed to keep graphics looking clean and bright. Most paint or sprayed on graffiti can be can be removed with suitable commercial solvents without damage to the Tedlar® surface. The procedures for removing stains can be divided into three categories, depending on the staining agent. In all cases, cleaners should be applied generously using a soft cloth with very light pressure to avoid polishing the stained area.
• Easy Method: (Cloth Only, Wet or Dry) Many staining agents can simply be wiped from the Tedlar® film using either a wet or dry cloth.
• Mild Method: (Soaps, Household Detergents) Some staining agents require the use of warm, full-strength solutions of standard detergents such as Fantastik™.
• Moderate Method: (Solvents) Many staining agents, especially those with heavy oil or grease bases, will require the use of a solvent for removal. To remove asphalt, tar, road oil, grease, fresh paint, or caulking compounds from Tedlar® film, use a good grade of mineral spirits, kerosene, naphtha, turpentine, or commercial automotive or road-oil removal agent. Follow the procedure with a detergent rinse and a clear water rinse. For the most stubborn stains, solvents such as acetone, toluene, or methyl ethyl ketone (MEK) may be used.*
* These stains should be removed with a soft cloth and detergent solution and given a final rinse with clear water to obtain maximum stain removal.
* Follow best practices for using protective gear when using commercial based chemicals.
Tedlar® is a DuPont™ registered trademark for polyvinyl fluoride film.